Other recent updates
22 Sep 2022→
18 Nov 2021→
10 Nov 2021→
In 2021/2, the fund has funded 500 social enterprises through £16.1m of grant funding.
The fund had a strong commitment to inclusion and equity, supporting people who were disproportionately impacted by the pandemic, it aimed to award more than 50% of grants to organisations led by people who are from a Black, Asian, minority ethnic background and/or are disabled. In addition award more than 6.6% of grants to organisations led by people identifying as LGBTQIA+ based on national estimates of representation.
And award at least 50% of grants to organisations led by people who are women and/or non-binary gendered or intersex.
In fact, here’s where the partnership landed:
- 1,507 applications were assessed with a total application value of £66.1m
- £16.15m has been allocated to 500 social enterprises with an average award of £32.3k
- 43.5% of grantees are led by people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds
- 32.8% of social enterprises awarded a grant are led by disabled people
- 18.2% of grants went to leaders of social enterprises who identify as LGBTQIA+
- 75.4% of grants went to leaders of social enterprises who are women or from marginalised genders
The fund is now closed